Header Ads

ad

Myschool-Tales:Campus Delimma episode 3

Episode Three

The banging at my door woke me from my
sleep. I
realized the mess I have made on my bed.
Jeez!!, so it
was all a dream with Cindy tormenting me this
bad. I
rolled of the bed spread, got into my boxer
and went to
answer the door.
7.00am, summary, I slept after talking with
Precious
and had a dream with Cindy. No wonder they
said most
of our dreams are made up by our day actions
and
thoughts. That Sunday just like other Sundays,
I didn’t
feel like going to church. I can’t remember the
last time
I went to church. I think the last time was in
the first
semester of my first year. Truth is that I am a
staunch
catholic. In fact, it flows in my blood. My
parents are
knights in the Catholic Church. I started
serving at the
alter when I was 10years old. I lost the
appetite for
church activities after my first year and since
then I
have been worshipping God in my own way.
I did my morning drills of 150 pushups (30×5)
and 150
sit ups (50×3), had my bath and breakfast of
noodles.
After I devoured the noodles, I switched on my
television and sound system. Thank God for
PHCN,
movie watching mode was highly activated. I
resumed
with the ’24hours’ season seven that I was
seeing
before.
Half way into the movie, I remembered the
note
containing the number. I picked it from my
reading
table and dialled the number. After two
consecutive
rings without being answered, I dropped the
phone and
resumed with the movie.
About 20minutes into the movie again, the
number
started calling back. I ignored it twice before
picking
on the third ring.
“Hello?” came a sweet calm feminine voice.
Immediately I heard the voice, my head ran a
voice
recognition search. Match was not found.
“Hello, good morning” I greeted.
“Good morning, sorry I missed your call” she
apologized.
“No problem, so who am I on with?” I asked.
“Sorry, but don’t you think I should be asking
you that
that” she said sounding calm and respectful.
“Nah, I don’t think so. Someone gave me a
piece of
paper containing this number yesterday” I said
with a
matter of fact.
“Oh! My bad. Thought you would never call”
she said.
“Yea I didn’t want to, but I guess my curiosity
got the
best of me”
“Well, thank God you called”
“So who am I speaking with?” I asked again.
“I’m Shania” she answered and was about to
say
something before I cut her off with another
question.
“So Shania have we met or is something
wrong?”
“About meeting, directly no, indirectly yes. But
nothing
is wrong” she answered.
“I don’t understand”
“Indirectly we met at Chitis on Saturday. Maybe
you
didn’t see me, but I saw you and you left an
impression
with me” she explained.
“Ok Shania, don’t know what to say, but I
believe you
saw me with someone yesterday and that
someone is
my girlfriend” I said.
I said that not because I wouldn’t want to meet
with
someone with such a beautiful voice. Who
wouldn’t
want to meet a girl that dropped her contact
with you?
In this part of the world such acts are rare. But
in as
much as I would want to meet her, a part of
my mind
was telling me that it might be a set up by
Cindy.
“Hmmmm!” She heaved a sigh before she
continued. “I
will pretend I didn’t hear the girlfriend part. So
if you
don’t mind can we meet? She asked.
“When?” I asked back.
“Today or maybe anytime of your choosing”
she
replied.
“Ok let’s make it today but the venue will be
my
choice” I said.
“Ok, your way then. Let know whatever you
decide” she
said laughing.
“Sure” I replied before the call ended.
I was not into any sort of frat or organization in
school.
Even my town people meeting I no dey go. I
hardly stay
for any class gathering. But despite that, am
always
security conscious.
‘Let’s meet at 11:45 by 4pm’, I typed and sent
to her.
11:45 is a popular café in school
After that, I called Cindy but got no response
after two
rings. She must be in church. I sent her a
Sunday
message and resumed with my movie.
I got so engrossed in the movie because the
next time I
checked, it was 2pm already. Whoever
directed that 24
should be given an award together with Jack. I
prepared to meet Shania. If voices determines
beauty,
then I think am going to meet an Angel.
I checked myself out on my mirror and nodded
in
satisfaction. I don’t dress heavily but looking
simple
and classic is one of my principles. I sprayed
my
‘Royal Blue’ cologne and left.
Time check 3:40, I was already on a suya joint
opposite
11:45 chatting with the mallam that owns the
joint who
is my friend. I switched my phone to silent
mode and
waited.
Some 20minutes later, a girl alighted from a
cab in front
of 11:45. “Wooow!” I exclaimed. This girl is an
over
definition of beauty. Even the mallam stopped
talking
for a while and stared at the girl. Cindy is very
beautiful
and endowed but this girl is more beautiful
and more
endowed.
She pulled out her phone and dialled a
number.
Immediately my phone started vibrating. I
ignored the
phone for the first ring. She dialled back again
and I
busied the call. She turned around and started
looking
at different directions. Just as I was about to
go and
meet her, one tall, huge dude alighted from his
parked
Toyota Avensus and approached the girl. My
heart
skipped that minute. Some guys no dey carry
eyes see
fine girls whether na person wife or not. I
relaxed back
to watch what was going to happen.
For like three minutes, the guy was talking but
the girl
just behaved like he wasn’t even there, like he
doesn’t
exist. “This babe wicked gan” I said to myself
and
decided to throw the girl a life line and walked
up to
them.
To Be Continued…

No comments