Header Ads

ad

Myschool-Tales:Campus Dilemma Episode 1

A story written by Chekwube Emmanuel…
(07034401770,Emmanuelchekwube887@yahoo.com .)
Episode One

It was really a day well spent as I walked
out of Chitis with
Cindy. It wasn’t just like a normal first date.
There was no
awkward silence, and a question and
answer kind of session.
The connection was there. We flowed like
we have known each
other for ages. Within me, I knew that
whenever I decide to pop
the question, the answer is going to come
out in positive.
We talked school politics, state politics,
religion, culture and
every other thing that was left to be talked
about. Her view
were so articulate. She seemed to know a
lot about everything.
I was impressed by her views and I also
made sure to leave an
impression with her.
I hailed a cab as we got outside the café.
About to hop into the
waiting car, an “excuse me sir” caught me
in my track. I
turned to see a waiter walking towards me.
I did a quick
mental check. I know I paid my bills
because I still have the
receipt. We didn’t leave our phones behind
or anything.
“Yes, can I help you” I said to the girl as
she got close to me.
“Sorry sir, someone said I should give this
to you” she said
handing over a piece of paper with #700 to
me.
From the way she talked, I know she didn’t
want Cindy to hear
what she was saying.
“What for?” I asked collecting the paper
together with the
money from her.
“I don’t know, she just said I should give it
to you” she said
and went back inside the café.
I took a quick glance at the note and saw a
phone number with
a ‘call me’ written under it. Below the call
me was another line
that read ‘tell her you forgot your change if
she asks’. I tried to
scan the café but I couldn’t get a clear
view.
“Oga if you no dey go again, tell your wife
to come down make
I comot from here” the cab man shouted at
me. I folded the
paper together with the money and inserted
it into my pocket
and hopped into the waiting cab.
“Oga abeg no vex” I apologized to the
driver to which he
nodded and eased the car into motion.
“Were you dey go?” he asked changing the
gear.
“You go drop my wife for Okeke hostel and
the drop me for
hilltop gate.” As I said wife, Cindy raised
her head for the first
time from her phone and smacked my
shoulder smiling
revealing a beautiful set of dimples.
“Ok your money na 5H” he said throwing
away his gaze
through the window.
“Ah Ah!! Oga no be 3H for drop inside
school?” I asked
“You self, person wey God don bless give
you this kind babe
wetin come be 5H na” he said turning to
look at me. I took a
quick look at Cindy and she was smiling.
Looking at the driver,
we made eye contact and he dimmed his
eyes.
“Oga na 3H I get abeg”
“No wahala sha. Even if you no carry
money, I for carry una
free because of this your girl” he said
smiling at Cindy.
“Ok o, thanks man” I said and made a wink
at him through the
rear view mirror. Cindy was so engrossed in
whatever she was
doing with her phone to notice the winks
going on. The driver
continued with his yarns doing the ‘chyking’
for me.
Cindy
couldn’t help but kept smiling as the driver
didn’t seem tired of
praising her beauty.
My mind drifted away to the note as the
driver kept talking. I
had the urge to bring the note out and
check if I can be able to
recognize the number, but I decided against
it. There will be
enough time to do that.
Five minutes later saw us in front of Cindy’s
hostel. I alighted
and held the door for her to step out. She
came down still
flashing that beautiful smile.
“Thanks for coming out with me” I said as
we walked a bit
down her hostel.
“The pleasure is mine and thanks for the
fun” she replied.
“I’m honored” I said.
She turned and gave me a big bear hug.
Not like the one she
gave me when I came to pick her earlier on.
This one came
with a meaning, yes it did. You know that
kinda hug were a girl
presses herself so hard on you that you feel
she is about to rip
your heart out? Yes that the kind of hug she
gave me.
“I enjoyed myself “ she whispered into my
ear. That sent a
tingling sign down my spine to the man
below who responded
immediately. With the way she was pressed
to me, I know she
must have felt my semi attention. As she
disentangled herself
from me, my hand went down straight inside
my pocket to hide
the tent that was already forming down
below.
I stood watching her sheepishly as she
walked straight to her
hostel. I watched as she swayed her
backside as if she has no
waist bone. As my sight was focused on
her back, so many
thought were running through my mind.
Cindy is the kind of girl
that attracts so much attention to herself.
Not that she does
that intentionally but she is just too
endowed.
When she got to her hostel entrance, she
turned and saw me
staring at her. She smiled and blew me a
kiss in the air before
walking into the hostel. That action of hers
got many guys and
babes around looking towards my direction.
It was then I
realized that I wasn’t the only person
looking at her.
“Oga your phone dey ring” the driver said
bringing my mind
back. It was then that I realized that I was
even with a cab.
“Ah! My oga sorry o, no vex” I apologized
collecting the phone
from him. It was Cindy calling. I picked
leaning on the car.
“If you don’t leave my hostel now, I will call
the security for
you” she said giggling from her end of the
phone.
“Provided I will still see you when they
arrive, no problem” I
said.
“Mr lover boy, na so I don shark your head
reach” she said
laughing.
“Are you just realizing that” I threw back at
her.
“Oya e don do. Start going and lemme
know when you get
home” she said.
“Sure” I replied before the call ended.
I went around and hopped into the front
seat of the cab. I
apologized to the driver for keeping him
waiting but he replied
“not to worry” as he also enjoyed the show.
As he eased the
car into motion, I brought out the note and
the money. I gave
the money to the driver and folded the note
back into my
pocket. He was all smiles when I gave the
money and he kept
showering me with praises. When we got to
gate, I alighted
and collected his number promising to call
him anytime I need
a cab service.

No comments